The Rice LIFT Symposium will occur on May 2, 2017.
TIMING and LOCATION:
-Symposium will begin exactly at 12:30 p.m. and will end at 5 p.m.
-Symposium will be held in McMurtry Auditorium in Duncan Hall
- A reception will follow the symposium from 5 to 6 p.m. in Martel Hall (located outside of McMurtry Auditorium in Duncan Hall)
- Team leads are asked to share these details regarding time and location of symposium and reception with all of their team members/collaborators.
- Time per presentation is 3 minutes. Time limit will be strictly enforced!
- Identify one presenter per team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible with information on who will be presenting for your group. Some of you have more than on proposal, so please include name of proposal as well (thank you!).
- If you have added additional members to your team since you submitted your presentation, that's not a problem. Just add them in to your presentation slides.
- We will have one master PowerPoint document containing all 61 presentations.
- Your PowerPoint presentation must be in 16 x 9 format in order to display correctly.
- Your final PowerPoint presentation must be emailed to email@example.com no later than 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 27, 2017.
OTHER GOOD INFORMATION:
- Presentation order will be assigned soon and then shared with each of you so that you know when your presentation is scheduled. You are, however, encouraged to stay for all (or as much of) the LIFT event as you are able.
- There will be reserved seating for each presenter and laid out in order of presentations to help us stick to our fast paced schedule!
- Between sets of presentations, there will be opportunities for faculty to interact and discuss the ideas that have been presented. Faculty will also have the opportunity to provide feedback and input on the presentations. In addition, key university leaders (the president, provost, deans, vice-provosts, and vice-presidents) will be there to hear the team presentations and hear the broader faculty’s thoughts about and reactions to the presentations.